Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel launch website
‘Good Fundraising’ details responsibilities and complaints process
Today, 30 June 2017, the Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel has launched its new website – www.goodfundraising.scot
The website has information on:
- good fundraising standards;
- how the public can make a complaint about a Scottish charity’s fundraising; and
- how Scottish charities should manage fundraising complaints.
‘Good Fundraising’ has been designed to be easy to navigate, with clear language used throughout. It also contains useful case studies to encourage best practice.
The Panel hope the website will be a hub of useful information for both charities and members of the public.
In addition to the new website, the Panel has launched a new logo.
Anyone who is fundraising in Scotland can visit the website and follow the Panel on Twitter to be kept up-to-date.
Chair of the Panel, Alison Elliot, said:
“Our aim is to help fundraisers to be confident about how they raise money for charities and to make sure that donors are comfortable about giving. Getting that relationship right will be good for charities and the people they support.
“You’ll find out more about how we plan to do that on our website, so do check it out.”
OSCR’s Head of Engagement, Jude Turbyne, said:
“Good fundraising allows a charity to make a bigger difference.
“This website is a great source of information for anyone planning to fundraise. It contains information on compliance and complaints handling.
“OSCR hopes that the sector will support the Panel in promoting good practice across Scotland. If any fundraising complaints do occur, we are confident that the Panel has the right mix of skills and experience to assess them appropriately.”
Notes to Editors
- The Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel is the registered trading name of The Independent Fundraising Standards & Adjudication Panel for Scotland, registered company SC558645
- The Panel’s core functions are to oversee fundraising standards and adjudicate on fundraising complaints in relation to Scottish registered charities
- More information on the Panel’s work can be found on the ‘Good Fundraising’ website
- The Panel’s Twitter account is @GoodFundScot
- For any further press queries, please contact Gillian Mackay on firstname.lastname@example.org